We are pleased to welcome fellow alum Fred Brown, MBA‘85, as Medicinal Biochemist for a discussion on “Defeating Covid19.”
Fellow HBS alum Fred Brown, MBA ’85, is a medicinal biochemist who has been on the discovery, development and/or launch teams of 27 major pharmaceutical, 13 diagnostic and 6 vaccine products. Collectively, these products save the lives of over 5.6 million people annually and generated over $35B of revenue in 2020.
Fred comes to the fight against the COVID-19 virus from a forty-year career developing pharmaceutical solutions to fight infectious diseases and suppressing epidemics including HIV, H5N1, Ebola, Zika, measles and malaria. His extensive experience managing past pandemics is accelerating and supporting personal, business and government responses to COVID-19 around the world.
Fred has assisted 17 U.S. state governments, 5 national governments, 2 NGO’s, various agencies and selected mayors with their COVID response during this outbreak.
You will not want to miss this 90-minute, in-depth presentation to deepen your understanding of this life-and-death crisis which affects our families, our businesses, our country, and the entire world. It might even save your life.
Fred’s presentation will include:
- The latest regarding what we know regarding treatment strategies, transmission, immunity, testing, and economic impact
- Efficacy and factors for non-pharmacological interventions
- Performance of the U.S. vs. other nations
- Forecasts for the progression of the pandemic through this winter and beyond
- Updates on WARP speed vaccines: development, efficacy, timelines, politics and challenges
- Economics: impacts by sector, best-tools for government intervention, and forecast
Link to the virtual platform will be sent to you prior to the event.